- Development secondment opportunity until December 2023
- Gain exposure and experience in CN's Legal & Governance team
- On-the-job training provided
A rare development secondment opportunity now exists for a Project Officer to join the Legal & Governance team until December 2023. If you have a curiosity about how our Legal & Governance team support the City of Newcastle (CN) and our local community and you have often wondered about a development opportunity through a secondment, this could be a great opportunity for you to consider.
As the Project Officer, you will provide support to the Legal Services & Governance Manager in relation to project coordination for a variety of legal, governance and risk programs within the team. Utilising your experience with multi-tasking, communicating with a range of stakeholders, and working to support tight timeframes will ensure your success in this role.
What you will be doing
- Coordinating the implementation and delivery of projects by preparing reports and briefs, coordinating resources, and maintaining project documentation to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, within budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope.
- Liaising, negotiating, and consulting with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including relevant governing bodies, management, and staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of support services relevant to projects.
- Undertake research and analysis related activities to support the preparation of high-quality written material including business reports, practice guides and presentations as required.
- Undertake reporting, monitoring and evaluation of projects to ensure accessibility of quality information and contribute to the achievement of project outcomes.
We value diversity of thought, and we focus on equity in the workplace. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected, safe, and valued so they can be themselves and fully contribute their opinions and perspectives to the success of the organisation.
Interested to know more?
Find out more about your new career here.
Our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion to represent the community of our Local Government Area. All candidates will be assessed against the essential criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, encouraged, and respected. People from diverse backgrounds (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, people with diverse gender identities and sexualities, people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability, and veterans) are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 26 March 2023.
Remuneration: $91,533.53 + 10.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week (salary offered will be dependent on candidate experience).
Contact: Emily Kolatchew - Manager Legal & Governance - 02 49742416.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.
We encourage internal employees to inform their current managers if this opportunity is of interest before submitting a formal application.
Internal recruitment and staff movements incur a four (4) week notice period. Please contact the Talent Acquisition Team if you require further information.