Risk Business Partner
- Permanent opportunity
- 35-hour working week with hybrid working model that you design
- Design, develop, manage & coordinate City of Newcastle's (CN) Enterprise Risk Management Framework
Opportunities like this are rare! With a focus and commitment to continually increasing our internal capability and in alignment with the Newcastle 2040 Community Strategic Plan, a newly created opportunity exists for a Risk Business Partner to join our Legal & Governance team.
As the Risk Business Partner, you will play a key partnering role with stakeholders across CN to design, implement, embed, and manage CN's Enterprise Risk Management Framework. This includes ensuring effective risk management controls and mechanisms are managed, maintained, and reviewed for CN to satisfy and enhance its risk management requirements.
A key challenge in your role as Risk Business Partner will be to provide quality specialist risk management advice to senior leaders, employees and relevant stakeholders on risk related issues.
What’s it like working at the City of Newcastle?
We are focused on making a real difference in our community and achieving our vision of creating a smart, liveable, and sustainable global city. We are proud to deliver services valued by our community. People come first at CN, which means providing employees with meaningful work and capacity for work life balance. As a large local organisation, CN offers opportunity to develop in your current role, grow into future opportunities and reach your full potential.
Our organisation’s values are Cooperation, Respect, Excellence and Wellbeing which are underpinned by our behaviours of courage, trust, and pride. Together, our values and behaviours support our decision making, our day-to-day interactions and everything we do.
We value diversity of thought, and we focus on equity in the workplace. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected, safe, and valued so they can be themselves and fully contribute their opinions and perspectives to the success of the organisation.
See why Newcastle is a great place to live, work, play, and create. Visit www.movetonewcastle.com.au
What are the benefits?
- 35-hour working week with flexible work arrangements including a hybrid working model to ensure you can find the right balance between your personal and professional life!
- Optional 4-day week or 9-day fortnight
- 4 weeks of annual leave
- 3 weeks of personal leave each year
- A 17.5% annual leave loading yearly payment
- Paid parental leave for primary carer
- 2 additional paid Public Holidays
- Additional paid leave days including Health & Wellbeing, NAIDOC, and Community Volunteer leave
- Access to a range of exclusive CN employee benefits programs including Novated Lease options as well as access to reward and recognition vouchers
- Annual performance development plans and ongoing training and development opportunities to ensure you continue to evolve and grow your career ambitions
- Corporate fitness program from as little as $4.30 per week that will give you and your immediate family members access to a wide range of fitness and aquatic centres
Interested to know more?
Find out more about your new career here.
Our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion to represent the community of our Local Government Area. All candidates will be assessed against the essential criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, encouraged, and respected. People from diverse backgrounds (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, people with diverse gender identities and sexualities, people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability, and veterans) are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 12 February 2023.
Remuneration: $111,970.71 + 10.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Belinda Harvey - Enterprise Risk Manager – 02 49742596.
CN does not accept unsolicited resumes and we respectfully ask that recruitment agencies do not contact us at this stage.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.