Development Officer (Planning)
- Permanent Full-Time opportunity.
- 35-hour week, hybrid working, flexible work arrangements available, including flex time.
- Gain exposure to some of the largest development projects in the region and participate in the contribution to Newcastle's transformation
Newcastle is changing and our Planning, Transport & Regulation (PTR) team are evolving and growing too. In 2030, City of Newcastle (CN) will be a smart, liveable, and sustainable global city with a focus on community at its centre. We have an opportunity for you to be a part of this evolution!
Due to continued growth and the ongoing commitment of supporting and growing our people, we have a permanent opportunity for a Development Officer (Planning) to join our team.
Our PTR team work on range of high-profile development projects ranging from $800M-$1Billion per year. Whilst you build your development office expertise and gain exceptional career experience, you will be completely supported by a team of highly experienced, passionate, and driven professionals.
See why Newcastle is a great place to live, work, play, and create. Visit www.movetonewcastle.com.au
What’s the focus?
As a Development Officer (Planning) at CN, you will be responsible for the management of assigned development projects (incorporating the pre and post development phases) and co-ordination of multi-disciplinary development projects and project teams including:
- Assessment and determination of development applications, applications to carry out activities and applications for certificates within the constraints of delegated authority and in accordance with relevant statutory requirements.
- Contribution to the preparation of project related development control plans, local environmental plans, codes, and policies.
- Provision of professional advice to external and internal customers regarding development proposals, Council assessment procedures, statutory requirements, adopted development control plans and general planning, development and building issues.
What are the benefits?
- 35-hour working week with flexible work arrangements including a hybrid working model to ensure you can find the right balance between your personal and professional life!
- Flex time
- 4 weeks of annual leave
- 3 weeks of personal leave each year
- 17.5% annual leave loading yearly payment
- Paid parental leave for primary carers
- 2 additional paid Public Holidays
- Additional paid leave days including Health & Wellbeing, NAIDOC, and Community Volunteer leave
- Access to a range of exclusive CN employee benefits programs including Novated Lease options as well as access to reward and recognition vouchers
- Annual performance development plans and ongoing training and development opportunities to ensure you continue to evolve and grow your career ambitions
- Corporate fitness program from as little as $4.30 per week that will give you and your immediate family members access to a wide range of fitness and aquatic centres
Interested to know more?
Find out more about your new career here.
Our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion to represent the community of our Local Government Area. All candidates will be assessed against the essential criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, encouraged, and respected. People from diverse backgrounds (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, people with diverse gender identities and sexualities, people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability, and veterans) are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 29 January 2023.
Remuneration: $97,492.17 + 10.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Amy Ryan - Development Coordinator - 02 49742942
CN do not accept unsolicited resumes and we respectfully ask that recruitment agencies do not contact us at this stage.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.