Finance Business Partner
- Provide specialist financial management across CN's key stakeholders.
- Play an integral part of the finance team at CN.
- Full Time, 3-year Fixed Term role - 35 hours per week.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking an experienced Finance Business Partner to join our Finance team.
As a Finance Business Partner at CN you will act as a trusted advisor and provide support as well as financial direction to Directors, Managers, and Coordinators. This role will see you developing CN’s budget and assisting in the creation of corporate financial reporting documents such as CN’s Operational Plan, Quarterly Budget Reviews, and Financial Statements.
The Finance Business Partner will remain abreast of current best practice financial management techniques so to maximise results within the business. The preferred candidate will achieve success by employing specialist financial management advice to ensure all CN decisions are responsible, prudent, and evidence based.
What’s it like working at the City of Newcastle?
We are focused on making a real difference in our community and achieving our vision of creating a smart, liveable, and sustainable global city. We are proud to deliver services valued by our community. People come first at the City of Newcastle, which means providing employees with meaningful work and capacity for work life balance. As a large local organisation, CN offers opportunity to develop in your current role, grow into future opportunities and reach your full potential.
Our organisation’s values are Cooperation, Respect, Excellence and Wellbeing which are underpinned by our behaviours of courage, trust, and pride. Together, our values and behaviours support our decision making, our day-to-day interactions and everything we do.
We value diversity of thought, and we focus on equity in the workplace. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture where everyone feels respected, safe, and valued so they can be themselves and fully contribute their opinions and perspectives to the success of the organisation.
What are the benefits?
- 35-hour working week with flexible work arrangements including a hybrid working model to ensure you can find the right balance between your personal and professional life!
- Optional 9-day fortnight
- 4 weeks of annual leave
- 17.5% annual leave loading yearly payment
- Paid parental leave for primary carers
- 2 additional paid Public Holidays
- Additional paid leave days including Health & Wellbeing, NAIDOC, and Community Volunteer leave
- Access to a range of exclusive CN employee benefits programs including Novated Lease options as well as access to reward and recognition vouchers
- Annual performance development plans and ongoing training and development opportunities to ensure you continue to evolve and grow your career ambitions
- Corporate fitness program from as little as $4.30 per week that will give you and your immediate family members access to a wide range of fitness and aquatic centres
Interested to know more?
Find out more about your new career here.
Our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion to represent the community of our Local Government Area. All candidates will be assessed against the essential criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where diverse styles, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are valued, encouraged, and respected. People from diverse backgrounds (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, people with diverse gender identities and sexualities, people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability, and veterans) are encouraged to apply!
If you need any adjustments to be made to the recruitment process or if you would like to discuss any accessibility requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 3 July 2022.
Remuneration: $102,246.69 + 10% Superannuation per annum for a 35-hour week.
Contact: Amanda Williams – Corporate Finance Manager – 02 4974 2133.
CN do not accept unsolicited resumes and we respectfully ask that recruitment agencies do not contact us at this stage.
At CN we understand the skills and attributes veterans can bring to our organisation and highly encourage veterans to apply for suitable roles.