Field Supervisor - Road Maintenance
Permanent Full Time - 38 hours per week
We are calling for applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the role of Field Supervisor - Road Maintenance.
You will ensure the efficient and effective construction and maintenance of civil infrastructure and other municipal works and provide the necessary planning, organisation and supervision of both Council day labour and external contractors to ensure that the required quality of workmanship and productivity is attained.
You will implement safe work practices and ensure they are adhered to by fellow workers, the general public and yourself in accordance with WHS guidelines.
Accurate and detailed records will be maintained under the WHS Management system and in accordance with Council’s Integrated Management System, recording procedures such as labour and plant timesheets, goods received, purchase requisitions and materials used.
The successful candidate will also ensure satisfactory completion of allocated works within both budget and nominated timeframes.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Ability to interpret detailed civil engineering plans, standards and related documentation.
- Skills, knowledge and experience in the following municipal works:
- The construction and maintenance of road pavements including sub grade, sub base and base preparation.
- Concrete works including erection of general formwork, reinforcement fixing and concrete finishing of both poured and extruded concrete.
- Asphaltic concrete works including the preparation for and placement of both hand and machine laid asphalt.
- The construction and maintenance of storm water drainage systems.
- Vegetation control works including operation of ride on mowers, push mowers, brush cutters as well as herbicide application and tree trimming.
- Proven practical knowledge and experience in the selection and application of plant and machinery used in municipal engineering.
- Ability to provide basic estimates and organise labour, plant and material resources to efficiently and effectively complete tasks in accordance with the Integrated Management System to satisfy safety, quality and environmental requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and maintain accurate written records to satisfy the requirements of the Integrated Management System.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team based environment with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Traffic Controller accreditation
- LR Class drivers licence (manual).
- General WH&S Induction Training for Construction Industry.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now !
Newcastle City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here
Application Closing Date: Wednesday 25th, October 2017, 1159pm.
Remuneration: Circa $61,789.92 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38 hour week.
For additional information, please contact Bob Henry - Road Maintenance Manager - 4974 6027.