- Excellent professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs on offer.
- Permanent full-time role – 38 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available, including a 9-day fortnight.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a highly capable mechanic with leadership experience to join our Depot Operations Service Unit.
As the successful candidate, you will coordinate the mechanical workshop and oversee the team to ensure all works are completed to customer expectations.
Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining the health and safety of fellow workers, customers and the general public during workshop operations by ensuring safe work practices are adopted in accordance with WHS guidelines.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
The essentials you’ll need:
- Certificate III in the Automotive/Mechanical field
- Extensive technical knowledge, experience and ability to repair various plant and fleet
- Experience in the supervision of a work team with the ability to plan and co-ordinate team activities
- Ability to provide technical advice to Depot management relating to City of Newcastle's fleet
- Ability to write and interpret reports and work plans, with sound knowledge of Microsoft Suite and the ability to carry out electronic business correspondence
- Working knowledge of relevant WHS requirements including incident, accident and / or near miss reporting and site inductions
- Ability to work unsupervised, keep accurate daily work records and report any issues to the Manager
- Current HR Class driver’s license
Other valuable skills you may have:
- Experience in TechOne suite of programs
- Experience in safety/incident investigations
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 15 November 2020.
Remuneration: $82,844.73 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.
Contact: Manager Depot Operations – 02 4974 6010.
Please note, previous applicants need not apply.